How to Make the Most of your EPPS Meetings with Expert, Tim Bush 10/1/2018
Attending an ECRM session is the most effective and efficient way for suppliers to reach their buyers, learn about the industry and gain insight about how to better align their business to what their buyers are looking for. Despite all of the opportunity, holding 30-50 buyer meetings over the course of just 2 days can be a scary task. But not to worry, Tim Bush, retail expert and ECRM’s International Sales Development Director breaks down some ways that suppliers can use their meeting time most effectively during the European Health, Nutrition and Wellness EPPS and the European Housewares & Outdoor Garden EPPS in Vienna, Austria in late September.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Get out of your comfort zone and use meals and evening events to network with the buyers you met with. Getting to know buyers in a relaxed environment will help you develop your business connections.
- Buyers have a ton of meetings throughout the course of a session so reconnecting with those buyers, even if it is just a handshake helps you stay top of mind.
General Tips and Tricks:
- Don’t give up. Remember, a no today does not mean a no forever.
- Always be honest. Whether you are discussing lead times or other capabilities, be truthful about what you can and cannot do. This will go a long way with retailers and help to build strong and trustworthy relationships.
- Follow up after the meeting is key to developing a partnership.
- During meetings be sure to set a follow up date and time with each buyer that you want to move forward with. This will help to ensure that you are following up with them at the right time. ***TIP! You and the Buyer can use ECRM Connect to set your follow up date and time.
Want to learn more about how you can participate in future international sessions? Contact Craig Chmielowicz at CJC@ECRM.MarketGate.com