TIP Discussions: Hospital & Alternate Site Pharmacy EPPS 6/29/2016
ECRM this month held its third round of Thought Interaction Pod (TIP) roundtable discussions, this time at its Hospital & Alternate Site Pharmacy EPPS, in an effort to provide attendees with the opportunity to learn from one of the strongest educational resources in the industry – each other.
The TIP program consists of several roundtables, with each representing a specific key industry issue or challenge. Each roundtable is moderated by an attendee, and during the discussions, participants share their thoughts and experiences related to the table topic.
“The TIP program is an educational platform we developed to promote collaborative, interactive thought,” said Scott Porter, ECRM Director of Channel Development/Pharmacy & Medical Markets. “It allows industry professionals to sit and discuss a specific, pre-defined topic in a small group setting.”
More than 40 attendees participated in the program, which spanned four tables that were moderated by attendees covering several topics. The program consists of two 30-minute sessions; after each session, table participants chose another table to engage their peers on a second topic. Following the TIP session, each table leader or a participant from a table summarized the key learnings from their discussion on video in an effort to share these findings with a broader audience.
Below is a playlist with videos that include an overview of the TIP program and discussion summaries from each of the table moderators. Included in the playlist are recaps on the following topics:
- Topic: White Bagging - How It's Affecting Our Industry and What We Can Do About It
- Host: Clara Anne Spencer, Carilion Clinic
- Topic: GPO's and Pharmaceuticals. Much More Than Hospitals!
- Host: Walter Geba, Provista
- Topic: Consistent Access to Low Price Generics
- Host: Thomas D'Andrea, Neil Medical Group, Inc.
- Topic: Unit Dose: Supporting Patient Safety and Pharmacy Efficiency
- Host: Chuck Nell, Major Pharmaceuticals/Rugby Laboratories