ECRM's Global Wine, Beer & Spirits Grand Tasting Award Winners 9/9/2015
Once again, ECRM held its Grand Tasting Awards during its Global Wine, Beer & Spirits event in San Diego last month. The event capped off an evening of networking and sampling a variety of appetizers prepared by world-renown chef and restaurateur Wolfgang Puck to pair with his four new varietals of wine featured at the event.
There were three categories of awards:
- On-premise: judged by Steve Brooks, Director of Beverage Development and Purchasing, Tumbleweed Tex-Mex Grill and Margarita Bar, Louisville, Ky.; and Charles Riley, Area Director of Food & Beverage, Omni Hotels, Irving, Texas.
- Off-premise: judged by John Deichler, Category Manager - Alcoholic Beverages, Murphy USA, Inc., El Dorado, Ark.; and Carlo Riggio, Merchandiser - Beer, Wine & Spirits, Heinen’s Fine Foods, Warrensville Hts., Ohio
- Attendee’s choice: Voted on by attendees of the Grand Tasting, which was scheduled so that participants of all three events that week – Global Wine, Beer & Spirits, Frozen, Refrigerated and In-Store Bakery, and Natural, Organic & Specialty could participate.
Off Premise Award Winners:
- Smith-Anderson Wines
- Winesellers, Ltd.
On-Premise Award Winners
- Shaw-Ross International Importers
- Producteurs Réunis de France
- Anheuser-Busch/Goose Island (Best Beer/Cider)
- Fetzer Vineyards (Best Wine)
- Black Fly Beverage (Best Spirit/Cocktail)