Store Brands Trends & Opportunities for Food: Nielsen 4/15/2017
A number of retailers are using private brands and beauty as a way to connect with their shoppers but not all manufacturers and retailers have been successful with building sales and private brand share.
Over the past seven plus years private brands dollar share grew 1.3 share points from 16.2 to 17.5, with the strongest growth in 2010 and 2011. However, private brands did not post a share growth gain in 2015.
During ECRM's Store Brands Food & Beverage EPPS, Kristin Gorski, Nielsen's Director of New Business Development examined current trends in food and the impact that growing ethnic groups, aging populations and wellness are having on the segment.
Among the topics discussed were:
- Private Brand Share Growth by Category
- The impact of the wellness trend on store brands
- Demographics of the store brand shopper
- Consumer perceptions of store brands
- Developing a wining store brand strategy