Millennials Driving Foodservice Sustainability 11/18/2016
Consumers are increasingly voting with their dollars for sustainable brands and businesses. This trend will only intensify in coming years as Millennials -- who are driving this demand for sustainability -- increase their buying power.
During ECRM's Foodservice: Natural, Organic & Better for You EPPS, Parker Townley, Business Development Manager for Fair Trade USA, shared new research from Technomic on clean label trends in foodservice and discussed how foodservice operators can leverage and communicate sustainability – using Fair Trade certification as an example.
Among the topics discussed were:
- How the foodservice industry is meeting expectations
- Reasons for consumer interest in sustainable sourcing
- Critical sustainability factors
- Expectations of consumers versus actual adoption by the industry
- Pricing of sustanilbly-sourced products
- Barriers to sustainable sourcing
- Communicating sustainability