Nielsen: Trends & Opportunities in Wine, Beer & Spirits 9/16/2016
Nielsen SVP, Beverage Alcohol Practice Danny Brager discussed trends in the wine, beer and spirits categories as well as opportunities for retailers and brands selling these products during ECRM's Global Wine, Beer & Spirits EPPS in San Diego last month.
During the presentation, he touched on how competition for each beverage alcohol purchase and drinking occasion and dollar has never been more intense across Beer, Wine, and Spirits, as consumers increasingly drink across all three categories. While all three categories are growing, new trends continue to re-shape adult beverages, and growth is very uneven within – some segments growing rapidly, others hanging on, and yet others in decline.
Among the topics covered included:
- Consumer fragmentation and it's impact on adult beverage trends
- Growth of off-premise, with consumers trading up in price
- High end products driving growth of craft beer category
- Spirits growth at the high end, though still considerable volume below that
- Wine growth coming from sparkling, sangria and sake categories
Click here to download the slide presentation from the general session
Click here to watch the full presentation on periscope