KeHE's Lisa Burke on Vitality Trends and the Millennial Consumer 8/1/2016
The Millennial generation is currently the largest generation in US history. Within a few years, they will contribute more in dollars than any other consumer group. Understanding and merchandising to Millennials must be understood in order to capture and retain this profitable consumer.
During her presentation at ECRM's Diet, Vitamin & Sports Nutrition EPPS, Lisa Burke, Director of Customer Insights & Growth Strategies for KeHE Distributors provided insights as to what resonates with the Millennial consumer and what types of products they are looking for, especially in regard to Vitality merchandising opportunities.
Among the topics discussed were:
- How personalized health and wellness services drives loyalty
- The appeal of products that deliver immediate benefits
- The importance of third-party certification, fewer ingredients, and non-GMOs/Allergen-friendly products
- Consumer demand among younger consumers for Fair Trade and sustainably-produced products
- The importance of plant-based ingredients for the increasing number of vegetarians and vegans among younger consumers
See below for videos of Lisa with key takeaways from the presention