Mom Bloggers - Their Influence and Reach 7/20/2016
Moms have always relied on the wisdom of other mothers for product recommendations and parenting advice, but blogging and social media has amplified their voices beyond the playground
The estimated 4.3 million U.S. Mom Bloggers have become a trusted resource for learning about the latest brands, products, and trends And brands are increasingly turning to them to introduce new products and services In fact, 84% of brands polled said they launched at least one influencer marketing campaign last year and 81% of those brands saw increased website traffic and sales
To better understand their scope of influence, Women's Marketing partnered with BrandBacker,one of the fastest-growing blogger networks with more than 10,000 influencers in their database, and asked almost 200 Mom Bloggers nationwide about their experience
During ECRM's Baby & Infant EPPS, Marlea Clark, EVP of Marketing and Insights for Women's Marketing presented an overview of these findings, and provided insights on how retailers and brands can tap into these mom bloggers to engage their consumers.
- Mom bloggers are typically young moms who are just starting their families
- 57 percent have been blogging from one to three years, and post blogs three to five times per week
- They are “brand friendly” and their followers appreciate their candor
- For brands working with mom bloggers, giveaways and contests generate the most engagement
- Mom bloggers enjoy building relationships with brands
Women’s Marketing is a New York-based media strategy, planning, and buying organization for emerging and high growth brands that offers a deep understanding of how women consume, engage, and take action with media with unmatched experience in beauty, health, fashion, food, and beverage industries.