Event Insights: Candy Planning: Christmas & Halloween 3/11/2016
During ECRM's Candy Planning: Christmas & Halloween EPPS held last month in Jacksonville, Fla., suppliers presented new items and programs for the 2016 Christmas and Halloween Holiday Seasons to buyers across all channels during on-on-one meetings. During this meeting time, buyers and sellers also reviewed new programs and marketing initiatives as well as promotional and cross merchandising opportunities for placement on retail shelves.
Kid’s Candy Choice Awards Sponsored by Candy Industry Magazine:
During the EPPS, Candy Industry Magazine hosted the Kid’s Candy Choice Awards where children from The Boys & Girls Club of Northeast Florida come into the event and acted as junior candy buyers for the afternoon. The kids tasted the candy and voted on their favorite chocolate, non-chocolate and novelty items. Congratulations to the winners!
- Best Chocolate: Edward Marc Brands for Peanut Butter Snappers
- Best Non-Chocolate: Haribo for Twin Snakes
- Best Novelty: Kathy Kaye Foods, LLC for Carmel Cob!
Candy Planning: Christmas & Halloween EPPS: 2/19/2017 - 2/22/2017 at the Palms Casino Resort (Las Vegas, NV)
Contact Sarah Davidson, SVP of Grocery: 440-542-3033 for more information.
The video playlist below covers some of the activities and products that were offered at the event, including:
- Recap of the Kid’s Candy Choice Awards
- Supplier Showcase videos featuring product innovations from sellers at the event.
- Testimonials from suppliers at the event.