Event Insights: Educational Supplies 2/29/2016
The ECRM Educational Supplies Efficient Program Planning Session (EPPS) brought together school supplies, arts and crafts as well as educational aids and décor suppliers to meet with educational dealers during one-on-one private meetings.
With so many companies from all aspects of the industry in attendance, the hottest trends of 2016 quickly became apparent and included the following:
- Adult coloring books are taking the industry by storm as coloring instruments are up by 28% according to a stat put out by NPD. This trend is not exclusive to coloring books as there is also growth within related product categories like pencils, cases and other associated materials.
- To go along with the coloring theme, gel pens were also a popular product shown during the EPPS.
- There was an increased number of electronic and internet based learning products that were presented. According to Ambient Insights, Self-paced eLearning reached $46.9 billion in 2015. The five-year compound annual growth rate is flat at 0.4%%, but revenues will reach $47.9 billion by 2020.
In addition to one-on-one meetings, suppliers also participated in the Buyer’s Choice Awards sponsored by Educational Dealer Magazine. During this program suppliers submitted items to be judged by the buyers in attendance. The following products pulled through for the win:
- 1st- Smart Toys and Games, Inc.- Three Little Piggies
- 2nd- Learning Resources, Inc.- Learning Essentials Stem Robot Mouse
- 3rd- Senseez Pillows- Sensory Cushion Hoodie
Join other suppliers and buyers during the 2017 Educational Supplies EPPS taking place from February 5-8 at the Chateau Elan Winery & Resort in Braselton, Georgia. To learn more about this EPPS or to register please contact Chris Eyring at 440-528-0428 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Educational Dealer Product Showcase Videos: