Presentation Download: NPD Office Supplies/Back-To-School Insights 10/12/2015
During ECRM's School & Office Supplies event, held last month in Orlando, NPD Industry Analyst, Office Supplies Leen Nsouli discussed the latest back-to-school insights and provided a sneak peek at consumer behavior (parents’ and teachers’ behavior patterns), to help buyers and sellers in their efforts to get the right products in the right places for the right people.
- The Back-to-School Season accounts for 30% of the $11.7 billion in yearly traditional supply sales.
- Spending on traditional supplies accounts for 30% of total back-to-school spending.
- Over 90% of teachers use personal funds to finance school supply purchasing; 74% of teachers purchase supplies in Q3.
- Facial tissue, hand sanitizer, disinfectant, sandwich bags, and hand wipes are at the top of teachers’ school supply wish lists.
- The Back-To-School shopper still primarily shops brick and mortar stores.
- Consumers are spending less in July, more in August, and a Late Labor Day may impact this even more in 2015.