ECRM Retailer Profile: Bristol Farms Opens Revamped Westwood Store 9/3/2015
Bristol Farms, a regional independent grocer with 13 stores in California, unveiled its remodeled Westwood Blvd. store in Los Angeles, featuring a heavy focus on fresh departments.
“The newly remodeled Westwood Bristol Farms store brings together all the tradition and heritage of Westwood and UCLA and we tied in some great food and service as well,” said Kevin Davis, CEO of Bristol Farms. “The extraordinary neighborhood and surrounding community has always been an exceptional fit for a high quality fresh food store like Bristol Farms. Our best tasting, freshest food product mix has been unique to the area for the past 15 years, and fulfills a need that the Westwood community is hungry for.”
This product mix includes a heavy emphasis on fresh departments, including deli and cheese departments, restaurant quality grab-and-go foods, full service specialty meat, seafood and sushi departments and locally grown, organic, quality produce.
New Decor Package
"Our newly remodeled Westwood store features an all new decor package that celebrates and highlights the spirit and passion of the Westwood community in a fun and exciting manner," said Davis. "We want to be Westwood's every day, locally grown, community driven, ultra-fresh food store."
Bristol Farms solicited ideas for décor from Steve Sann, Chairman of the Westwood Community Council, who suggested that the grocer combine its store décor with black-and-white historic images of Westwood Village and the UCLA Campus. These images include the iconic Fox Westwood Village Theater, the Bruin Theater, the historic Janss Dome building as well as Royce Hall and Powell Library on the UCLA campus. “These images, along with the hand-painted full-color wall murals that depict historic Westwood scenes from the 1930s and 40s really complete the store,” said Davis. “The store is really a great tribute to the heritage of Westwood and the UCLA campus, and we are very proud to be a part of it.”
Among the store's new features are:
- Farm Fresh Salad Bar
- Smoothie and Coffee Bar
- Fresh authentic Sushi prepared fresh daily by Master Sushi Chefs
- Made fresh daily Hawaiian Poke Bar
- Homemade Soup Bar
- Made to order in-house smoked sandwich carving station featuring fresh cooked tri tip, pulled pork and hot turkey
- More than 350 different types of artisan cheeses from around the world
- Huge selection of produce from around the world including locally grown natural and organic items
- Fresh hand-selected seafood delivered fresh daily
- Organic and free range poultry, antibiotic hormone free and air chilled chicken
- Hormone and antibiotic free American raised all natural beef including prime and aged beef
- Ready-to-eat and prepared foods that are healthy, delicious and restaurant quality
- European artisan hearth-style breads baked fresh daily
- Full selection of dairy products, both organic and conventional
- A full service floral shop featuring quality flowers, plants from all over the world with floral designers on site
- “The COOKIE” only for serious chocolate chip lovers!
- Greatly expanded selection of domestic and international wines, artisan craft beers and micro-brewery offerings, and premium spirits.
- Bristol Farms Westwood offers a 10% discount to UCLA students, faculty and staff with a valid BruinCard.
- Free parking to its customers while shopping in the store.
- Thousands of additional every day grocery items