ECRM's Sweitzer Named Among PG Top Women in Grocery 6/1/2015
Sarah Sweitzer, ECRM’s SVP of Grocery, has been chosen selected as one of Progressive Grocer’s 2015 Top Women in Grocery in the Senior-level winners’ category for her industry achievements during the 12 months leading up to March 2015.
Sarah, or “Swiz,” as she is affectionately known by the ECRM staff, is a 10-year veteran of ECRM who has worked through many divisions of the company with increasing levels of responsibility, including Intern, Account Manager, Senior Account Manager, MarketGate Sales Manager, Vice President of Software Sales & Integration, and Vice President of Grocery, through her current role, to which she was promoted late 2014.
As SVP of Grocery, Sarah is responsible for the development, leadership and growth of ECRM’s Food and Beverage businesses covering all retail and foodservice channels across the United States and Canada. This includes the development of sales, marketing, and implementation of 15 business planning events covering multiple categories engaging food and beverage buyers and suppliers.
During the 12 months leading up to March 2015, Sarah:
- Grew sales in ECRM’s Grocery Division more than 25 percent via the creation of a new concepts -- New Vendor Halls – which were incorporated into to 10 events under the Grocery Division, resulting in 100 new vendor registrations throughout the year.
- Launched Supplier Diversity initiatives at ECRM events with Sam’s Club and Bi-Lo Holdings, in which women-, minority-, and veteran-owned suppliers are invited to meet with the retailers during specific ECRM events. The Sam’s Club event was held in 2014, drew more than 90 vendors, and was covered by the Wall Street Journal. (The Bi-Lo event happened this past February at ECRM’s Snack and Dry Grocery Event.)
- Expanded the Grocery Division’s Convenience Event into a new area: College & University Bookstores
- Introduced a series of educational sessions to teach new event attendees how to get the most from ECRM’s events and technology. These sessions consist of a demo of ECRM’s Connect App and a Q&A with a panel of experienced attendees on both the buyer and seller sides. This concept was so successful it will be expanded to other divisions of the company (HBC, GM, Pharmacy, and International) either via event workshops or digital presentations.
- Developed an on-boarding and training program for junior sales reps within the company.