Packaged Facts to Present U.S. Pet Trends at ECRM EPPS 10/11/2016
ECRM's Pet EPPS, to be held April 24 to 27, 2017 in Oak Brook, Ill., will feature a presentation by Packaged Facts Research Director David Sprinkle on trends in the U.S. pet market, with a focus on dog and cat products.
The educational session will highlight the most recent figures on dog and cat population trends, pet owner demographics, and pet owner spending, with a forward-looking focus on market drivers and high-growth segments, especially in pet nutrition and pet wellness segments. It will also touch on how economic and consumer confidence trends are playing out in mass-market outlets vs. specialty pet retail channel competition, plus the the growing role of the Internet (and of Amazon in specific) in pet product retailing, featuring data for 2017 from Packaged Facts’ pet owner survey program.
Among topics to be discussed:
- Historical pet ownership and pet owner demographic trends for dogs, cats, and other pets
- How Millennials differ as pet market consumers from their previous-generation counterparts
- The new roles of tech and eco/local/global consciousness in the market
- The momentum and implications of the online shopping and subscription/home delivery juggernaut
- New product opportunity areas: novel pet food ingredients, senior/overweight pets, pet clean-up
- New protein trends for pet foods
- Market projections
Packaged Facts, a division of MarketResearch.com, publishes market intelligence on a wide range of consumer market topics, including consumer demographics and shopper insights, consumer financial products and services, consumer goods and retailing, consumer packaged goods, and pet products and services. Packaged Facts also offers a full range of custom research services.