Optimizing the New Item Launch Journey 10/17/2016
There are many challenges one faces when launching new items, yet despite countless hours invested to make sure the branding, positioning, and awareness plans are just right, some products simply don’t get the sell-in as expected.
During ECRM's 2016 Health Care EPPS, Dave Wendland, VP of Strategic Relations for Hamacher Resource Group, discussed the new item launch journey as he cautioned manufacturers and retailers not to sell item launch strategy short; and emphasized the importance of factoring in a longer marketing support horizon to maximize a product’s ongoing success.
Among the topics discussed were:
- Preparation for and introduction of a new product or brand into the marketplace
- The importance of execution, and how even launches of the most innovative products can fall short without it
- New item rating criteria
- Determining your launch positioning
- Finding a methodology that works
- Extending new item support horizons
Watch videos with key takeaways from Dave's presentation below (to see the full playlist, click the menu icon in the upper-right corner)
Suppliers -- Make the Most of Your EPPS Meetings! Hamacher Resource Group is offering a service that can help suppliers prep for their meetings at ECRM events. Click here for more information.